On Friday 22 November, Milton Keynes and the South East Midlands’ leading technology and innovation awards were presented to some of the region’s top businesses, students and education establishments.
The awards, which were sponsored by Alphas, the University of Bedfordshire’s gateway to research and business development services, and included more categories than ever before.
The Director of Wayra UK and Telefonica Open Innovation, Gary Stewart gave the keynote speech at the awards, held over lunch at the NatWest Entrepreneur Accelerator Hub in Central Milton Keynes.
Winners of the Biztech BrightSparc & Digital Award 2019:
- Students making a difference – Campbell Drummond
- Start-up wow of the year – JAFA (Just A Fan’s Analysis)
- Best new tech for business – Red Giraffe Marketing
- Best tech teamwork – VR therapies
- The bottom-line award – MyNewTerm
- The green tech award – Breastfeeding Hub
- Best mobile app – Encore Environment
- Digital young person of the year – Lakechia Jeanne
- The edtech award – 3D Print World
- Best ecommerce – Sunday Ivy
Fredi Nonyelu, Chairman of Biztech technology forum in Milton Keynes and SEMLEP, explains: “We were proud to host another fantastic BrightSparc Awards, with this year being even BIGGER than any previous celebration event we have held. It was inspiring to hear from Gary, who talked about his experiences and entrepreneurialism.
“Congratulations to all of our winners, we look forward to hearing and seeing more great things from you in the future and will be keeping in touch with your ongoing achievements.”
Find out more about Biztech and the BrightSparc & Digital Awards at brightsparcawards.co.uk and follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter @MKBiztech to keep up to date.